Wednesday 6 May 2009

Muse

OK, I'll get the ball rolling with a nice simple question.
If you could have written one song, what would it be?
Me? Well, it's a dice up between 'Losing My Religion' by REM, 'Fake Plastic Trees' by Radiohead or 'That's Entertainment' by The Jam (a band who I otherwise can't abide).
Mmm...on balance I think I'll say 'Fake Plastic Trees'. That song says just about everything I want to say, but says it so much better than I could.
I dare say that tomorrow I'll change my mind and choose something else completely. That's the great thing about music - how it polarises. It's good to either love or hate a song. It's that shit that occupies the middle ground (Coldplay, and that kind of cack) that should be burnt. It's music designed not so much to be enjoyed, but not to offend. And in doing so it offends anyone of taste.
Anyway.
What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment